Gary Wald – Managing Director
Gary is a senior executive with business development, operations management, marketing consultant and advertising agency experience. His career spans years of growing businesses, branding and launching market-leading products and services and cultivating asset value intellectual property. He has served Fortune 100 companies as well as new start-ups, across multiple industries. His expertise includes growing revenues and profits for products and services using technology innovation, cutting edge marketing programs and strategic alliance partnerships. He is equally adept at marketing to consumers, business prospects, or health care professionals.
Wald has spent the last fifteen years launching and building new companies in the telehealth industry, both as a senior executive and as an independent consultant. His work drove successful market expansion, market penetration and market share growth while also enhancing return on assets. He was one of the co-founders and Executive Vice President of Teladoc Health, the first commercial telemedicine venture in the United States and today a public company with over $10 Billion valuation. Subsequently, he consulted for other telemedicine companies, helped hospital groups add telemedicine to their suite of services and most recently helped launch The Teledentists, the world’s first tele-dentistry company.
As a consultant he has worked closely with Wisearth, a Dallas based company developing the first organic pesticide to combat fresh-water snails. Wald developed the supply chain needed to bring this new product to market.
Earlier in his career, Wald was employed by, or worked as a consultant for companies in the fields of diabetic care, consumer products, health care services and organic pesticides.
- He was VP Marketing at Medtronic Minimed where he created programs to enhance market penetration of insulin pump therapy. He also helped expand continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) therapy adoption through direct-to-patient and direct-to-health care professional marketing. He led the repositioning of Medtronic from an insulin pump company to a glucose management company.
- Wald spent five years as VP of Business Development for GTE/Verizon in the field of digital interactive technologies. He led development of ISP subscription services, e-commerce initiatives and interactive television technology.
- Prior to that, he was Managing Director of NBC International, building the NBC brand internationally and leading distribution of NBC programs and services to the world marketplace.
- Wald spent his early career with New York advertising agencies (Ogilvy & Mather, Grey, Griffin Bacal) where his innovative marketing programs, business development initiatives, and strategic partnerships led to major successes. His client work included:
- Launching Aim Toothpaste with a brand and product story that was embraced by both dental-care professionals and consumers.
- Leveraging an ignored product ingredient into a new marketing campaign for Dove soap that repositioned the brand, acquired millions of new users, grew sales 16% to $400 million in the first 24 months and set the foundation for numerous line extension products.
- Leading a team that launched Transformers, one of the industry’s most successful toy brands. Work included creating the good guys/bad guys story line, producing an animated television series and building awareness with an innovative “robots in disguise” branding campaign.
Wald earned an MBA in marketing from Northwestern University.
He is a former board member and regular contributor to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. He also serves on the Advisory Board of Socrates Health Solutions
Connie Wald - Partner
Connie’s background incudes, marketing, CRM, database management, product development, new product introductions, advertising, promotion and merchandising She has worked for Fortune 500 retailers, cosmetic marketers, and advertising agencies.
She spent eight years as Vice President of Marketing for Neiman Marcus where she helped grow revenue with new store introductions, new customer acquisitions and significantly increasing current customer spending.
She later joined Premium Knowledge Group as a partner. Their specialty is to create targeted data base customers for luxury marketers. Clients included Chanel and Hermes.
Connie is currently developing a new multi-channel brand for a major home furnishings company. Currently under NDA. Involved in all aspects of creating the brand including: a 5year marketing and sales plan, hiring a creative team, overseeing web development, creating a state-of-the-art ecommerce site that enables on-demand product customization.
Connie began her career at Carson Pirie Scott in Chicago, later holding buyer positions for Robinsons in Los Angeles and Gimbels in New York. She joined Avon Products as Marketing Manager of their skincare category and later served as Senior Marketing Manager or their make-up brands. Connie joined Hakuhodo Advertising as Vice President, where she developed, positioned, and promoted high-end brands for Hakuhodo clients Tsumora and Kirin Beer
She later joined Conair Corporation as Director of Account Services for their in-house advertising agency. In that capacity she directed all marketing strategy and creative work for Conair, Southwestern Bell Retail and Cuisinart products.
Connie serves on the advisory board of the University of Wisconsin, School of Retailing and served as Executive in Residence, fall, 2019.
She is a former board member of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.